What is SlingPlayer or Slingbox?Need to show live television for your class or event in a location that doesn't have a cable box? This is your solution!
SlingPlayer is an application we use to watch Cable TV over the web from any computer with an internet connection. SlingBox is the device we have connected to a cable box which pushes the audio/video signal over the Internet.
- Reserve the SlingPlayer using our equipment reservation site: http://webcheckout.lesley.edu
- Open your browser and visit the following website: www.slingbox.com
- Click the Login to Your Sling Account link at the top right of the page
- Under the Log In section, enter the following credentials and then click Log In:
password: [this has been provided to you by IT]
- Click WATCH at the top of the screen to begin watching TV
Installing the Plugin on Your Own Computer
If you are using SlingPlayer on a teaching station, please skip this step as the plug-in is already installed on your machine.
If you are watching SlingPlayer on your personal computer for the first time, you will need to install a plugin. If you need help installing the plugin for your browser, there are step-by-step instructions on the Slingbox website here: http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-1000067.html. If you need further assistance, please contact IT for help.
- Once you’ve clicked WATCH, Cable TV should automatically begin playing
- Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the controls
- Signal Strength – This will give you a good idea of the quality of video you are receiving
- Program Guide – Use this to access channels and the schedule of programming. You can also click channels you want to watch in this guide
- Remote Control – If you prefer the traditional remote control interface, you can use a virtual version of the remote control that belongs to the cable box
- Popup Player – This pops the video player out of the webpage so that you can move it around on your desktop
- Full Screen – Makes the video fill up your entire screen for optimal viewing size
- Settings – Gives you access to fine-tuned video settings
- Volume – Adjusts the volume of the SlingPlayer separately from your computer volum
Channel Controls – You may enter a channel number here from your keyboard and press Return to go to a specific channel. You may also press the up and down buttons to change channels.
Give us a call at 617-349-8770, email us at email@example.com, or put in a support ticket on this website.