TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introducing the New VoiceThread
- My Space Courses Converted to Ultra
- What's New in Blackboard Ultra?
- Training and Support
Introducing the New VoiceThread
Lesley University upgraded to the new version of VoiceThread on January 8, 2024.
The new version of VoiceThread has been redesigned to be simpler, more powerful, and more accessible. While there are dozens of new features and enhancements, the biggest (and most noticeable) change is the location of the comment button - instead of the bottom center of the VoiceThread, the comment button appears on the bottom left of the VoiceThread.
Check out the New VT in 12 Seconds video for a quick overview of the new interface.
Ready to learn more? Visit the Introducing the New VoiceThread support article for additional information.
My Space Courses Converted to Ultra
All My Space courses were converted to Blackboard Ultra Course View on January 10, 2024. This transition DID NOT affect your Spring courses.
What is a My Space?
Your My Space course is a private sandbox course where you are the only one enrolled. This space was designed to allow you to practice using myLesley and is the perfect location to begin familiarizing yourself with the tools and features in Blackboard Ultra.
Get Started Now
Ready to familiarize yourself with Ultra? Our Things to Do in Ultra Course View documents will walk you through using the new tools and features.
What's New in Blackboard Ultra?
Every month, Blackboard releases a new update with new and improved features based on user feedback. Some of these new features are large updates with completely new functionality. Others are small enhancements that improve workflows and your experience teaching and learning in Ultra.
Highlights from the recent Fall releases include:
- Improved Image Options:
- Use the new Insert Image icon in the text editor to easily add images to your content.
- Change the aspect ratio, reposition, and resize your image.
- Add royalty free images from Unslplash (faculty only).
- Improved Grading and Student Feedback Features:
- Send reminders to students directly from the Gradebook.
- Auto-Captioning for audio and video feedback.
- Improvements in displaying and navigating multiple student file submissions.
- Improved Mobile Experience:
- Improvements to the Course Content page for users on mobile devices.
- Improvements to the Grades page for Blackboard App users.
Check out our What's New in Ultra? page for highlights from the recent updates. This page is updated monthly.
Training and Support
Upcoming Blackboard Ultra Trainings
Choose the training option that best suits your needs! Whether you prefer to go at it alone, or want extra support and training on your journey, we have an Ultra training for you: Blackboard Ultra Training Options
eLIS Online Office Hours
Have questions? Join the eLIS staff for our weekly online office hours every Monday and Thursday, 2:00 - 4:00 ET. No appointment necessary: eLIS Online Office Hours.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to request a 1:1 or small group training.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article